Re: Carb Plumbing

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Plumbing
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:47:56 -0600
Scott:

There is a place where you can see the pipe runs for the carb float
chamber overflows.

Go to Ed Kaler's site and click on "various articles."  I tried pasting
in the URL, but majordomo ate that message mailed Sunday.

This is a neater installation than the tubes I have, especially the
front one.  On the tubes I have, the front tube wasn't bent to closely
follow the float chamber but pointed slightly toward the front where it
was bolted on to the chamber lid.  In fact, the tube has a wear mark on
it where it passed under the radiator stay brace.

The rear is also slightly different in that the tube starts at the top
slightly pointing to the rear.   That's because as the tube goes under
the float chamber, it doesn't have the double S bend on it to clear the
jet levers.

IMO, there wasn't a precise bend on the pipes.  The fitter had a bunch
of straight tubes of the same length.  He picked one up and from
experience hand bent them to fit.  So each installation varies.  You'd
never waste the labor to jig bend each tube.

Blake