Re: Seatbelts?

To: barivera@qwest.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seatbelts?
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:56:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/01 11:52:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
barivera@qwest.net writes:

<< Has anyone survived a wreck in a T? >>

YES, most of the other guys have heard my preaching before so I won't bore
them with the details again....but I survived a T bone with a big four door
Chevy in my TA.  I had on a lap belt and sustained a broken sternum from the
steering wheel boss.  It took months before the imprint of those four bolts
faded.  I now use a lap and shoulder belt and had I had a 3 point system at
the time of the crash, I am convinced that I would have walked away with no
injuries.  A T car can absorb a hugh amount of energy as it crushes.....

My 2 p worth....

Terry in Oakland