Changing polarity

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Changing polarity
From: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 20:18:07 -0400 (EDT)
I've been trying to change to an alternator in my TD to power some
halogen driving lights, which I'd like to run during the day for
Safety Fast.
After finally constructing a bracket to accomodate the alternator
(which has been modiifed to run the tachometer) I find that it will
only work with a negative ground car.
I have transitorized my fuel pump and Hal Kramer transistorized my
clock for me, so both need to be changed before switching polarity.
I have a Pertronix electronic ignition inside the dizzy . . . is it
polarity sensitive?
I think I can redo the fuel pump, but substituting another transistor
and reversing the diode.
I suppose I could isolate my tachometer and keep it postitive ground
to run the clock, but then I'd have to do a fancy rewire of the dash
lights.
I've lost Hal Kramer's email . . . anybody have it?
Any other ideas/precautions?

Andy Moyce
52 TD Positive earth for now