Re: TD Spark Plugs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Spark Plugs
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Ronald Olds wrote:

> I have the early head with the long reach plugs and was wondering what
> the recommendations are for spark plugs. I thought I had a new set of
> plugs for the car but when I opened them they were the 1/2" reach.
> Don't know where these came from.

If it's really an early head, then you have the correct plugs.  The
TB/TC/early TD head requires short-reach (1/2") plugs.  It's the late
TD/TF head that requires long-reach (3/4") plugs.  If the head is on the
engine and you're not sure which it is, look for the number "22952"  cast
into the right front corner of the top surface of the head.  If present,
it's an early head.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E