Re: Changing polarity

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing polarity
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:24:55 -0500
Yes the stock TD voltage regulators are set to 16 volts, and yes that's what
the workshop manual says. BUT continuous 16 volts will cook a battery. My
battery was always spitting out acid and my amp meter never dropped below 15
amps. I adjusted the regulator for 14 volts and the continuous charge
dropped down to around 2 amps. The only time the charge goes above this is
briefly after a stop light or after starting the engine.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336