Re: Clock Polarity

To: blprince2@home.com
Subject: Re: Clock Polarity
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:52:52 -0400
Ben,
  This is the first time I've heard of polarity in T-series clocks.  The
original mechanism was that of a mechanical, electrically-wound clock.
As the clock unwound its mainspring, electric contacts met and the device
ratcheted to wind the spring again.  Polarity became an issue when people
started installing transistor and diodes to limit current through the
points.
  If you are unsure about your clock's polarity, you can check it by
opening the case and inspecting for transistor and diode. I can't recall
which terminals of the transistor went where, but let me know what you
find and I will look up the info in a back issue of TSO where this was
written up.
 Hal Kramer cleans, repairs and can modify the clocks with the transistor
and diode. He can get the clock ticking properly for you. Mine keeps time
accurately within a minute or two per month, though I too switch off
current when the car is not in use for several days or longer.
Bob
TD MkII