Clock Polarity

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clock Polarity
From: "Laura & Ben Prince" <blprince2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 19:15:02 -0700
I am told that some of the clocks on our T-cars are polarity sensitive and
some are not.  If the insulation surrounding the lead wire coming out of the
clock is green, then the clock is supposedly not polarity sensitive.  If the
insulation is black, then the clock is claimed to only work with positive
ground.

This is important to someone considering switching to negative ground.  If you
have black insulation, don't count on having the clock when you switch.  (Come
to think of it, clock reliability is so bad anyway, perhaps it is academic.)

The clock wire on my TF is green.  Does anyone know which T-series MGs had
black and which green?

By the way, one thing you can do to improve the clock longevity is to install
a toggle switch under the dash to turn the clock on or off.  Then only turn it
on when the rare occasion arises that you really need it.

Thanks,

Ben