Re: Need advice on Side Curtains and Top

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>, "mg-t" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need advice on Side Curtains and Top
From: "Ed Dunn" <eedunn@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:58:12 -0700
> I need to get the "weather" equipment for my TD. I see Moss offers a
choice
> between something called stayfast and vinyl. Which is better, and what is
> the proper color for an ivory TD? Is there an alternate source for the
side
> curtains? Perhaps a less expensive source?
>
> Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)

Bob,

I think vinyl is a terrible choice. It is far from original, but mostly, it
looks CHEAP on our classy T-types.  Whenever I see a vinyl top, tonneau, or
side curtains, it always looks really tacky. Go for the Stayfast (cloth) or
canvas. The Stayfast holds up very well, my TD top looks brand new and it's
9 years old. You  want a good contrasting color, either black or tan
Stayfast, taking into account what color your interior is. What color is it
with an "ivory" TD?

Ed