Re: Dieseling/ Timing

To: "Andrew Bradley" <abradley@cnw.com>
Subject: Re: Dieseling/ Timing
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:07:25 -0500
Hi Stuart:

Are your figures below for static timing? I used 0 deg for years just
because it's in the shop manual. I've recently tried 5 from advice on this
list. Is there one good timing setting that's a safe bet? Experimenting
makes me nervous, and I always wonder if I got it right. (BTW, I've got one
of the most stock XPAG's around. The head has been done only once, and only
milled enough to make sure it's flat. Does that have any bearing on timing?)

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336