Re: MG TD Thermostat

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG TD Thermostat
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:22:10 -0600
Brian Smith wrote:

> I have recently purchased a good used thermostat housing for my TD to
> replace the thoroughly bodged one that came with the car. Unfortunately
> neither one of them came with a thermostat installed and the shop manual
> doesn't show how a thermostat should fit. Can anyone out there provide
> me with details?

The original equipment thermostat did not have a replaceable element.  Moss
Motors did make a replacement housing for use with a replaceable element. They
no
longer sell the housing, but the element is still available.  The original is
cast iron and the replacement was aluminum.  Hope that helps.

Regards,
Charles Hill