Re: Blocking the Bypass

To: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blocking the Bypass
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:27:23 -0700
Scott,

There is an excellent article on thermostats by Neil Cairns, the British MG
authority, in the December 1998 issue of the Bulletin of the Octagon Car
Club.
Cairns claims that the bypass may be blocked as there is a tiny bleed hole
in a modern thermostat to assist system filling.  He states:  " A bypass is
not needed, 5,000,000 'A' series Metros cannot be wrong, they had their's
deleted"

If you are still nervous, a 1/4" hole as Chip Old describes won't hurt,
although Cairns would consider it unnecessary.

Ben