Carb Jet Seals

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Jet Seals
From: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 23:15:20 GMT

All,

My carb jets were leaking a bit so I replaced the seals today.  For the jets
I replaced the old cork jet seals with some new rubberized cork ones, and on
the locking nut I replaced my neoprene (sp?) ones with cork ones.  Now they
leak like a sieve, so I have to go back and re-do the job, but I have some
questions:

1.  Has anybody on the list experienced similar results with the rubberized
cork seals, or should I go back to the regular cork ones?

2.  I had container containing oil leak all over the cork seals I used for
the locking nuts.  Could this have caused the problem?  If not should I go
back to neoprene?

Any help appreciated,

Scott Allen

52TD