Re: TF Alloy Body

To: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: TF Alloy Body
From: Geoff Love <engconn@f-tech.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:59:48 -0400
--------------F2D49ED77FB6719F86705D92

"david.tinker" wrote:

> Hi Geoff, The "paint" ( Duralac ) I was talking about arrived today but
> without its datasheet. As far as I can find out it is a corrosion inhibitor
> which is coated between the joints of panels of dissimilar materials and
> used primarily on light aircraft. ( Its not expensive either and enough to
> do a TD/TF would be about $20 US )
>
> Currently I am thinking that the steel TF wings and running boards as well
> as other steel contact parts can be " insulated " from the ally tub by this
> inhibitor as well as a strip of plastic tape such as polyacetal or similar
> with a thickness of about .030" thick placed between the joint faces,  and
> using stainless steel bolts. Fortunately I have the facilities and the
> skills to make the fastenings so I do not anticipate a problem. With the
> plastic tape placed behind the piping it should not be visible either. More
> in due course!!.
>
> Regards
>
> David Tinker

My goodness, I'm impressed.  Have to say I didn't have so much dedication when
I restored one of my TDs.  I just nailed and screwed the tub together with
whatever came to hand from the local ironmongers.  Its ten years old now and
still looks and sounds solid.

Geoff.

--------------F2D49ED77FB6719F86705D92
 name="engconn.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Love;Geoffrey E.
tel;fax:as above
tel;home:570 739 3340
tel;work:570 739 3340
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:The English Connection
adr:;;P. O. Box 133;Friedensburg;Pa.;17933;
version:2.1
email;internet:engconn@f-tech.net
title:Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
note:Restorer of British Motor Cars