Transmission

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 08:55:26 -0400
Couple of quick questions for the list.

I'm seriously considering the 5-speed conversion that so many have talked
about. My car is a right hand drive TF with a pretty badly worn
transmission that badly needs a rebuild . And I've always wanted a bit
better gear ratio anyway. Sounds like good enough financial justification
to me.

Does anyone have contact information for the maker of the 210 5-speed
conversion kit? I had it once and lost it.

Is there anyone in NC who has done the conversion? Has anyone done a TF
with the slightly different axle ratio anyway?

Is the 210 referenced the car I know as the B-210 Datsun?

I have to drop the sump to rethread some bolt holes and I have a new clutch
cable assembly to replace the old linkage. Is the cable better than the
steel rod linkage?

Since I'm dropping plans to change the rear axle gears I'll probably sell
the MGA rear axle. What would be a fair price?

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC