RE: Transmission

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Transmission
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:36:22 -0700
Dick:

I have always assumed that the "210" transmission being
referenced in the emails was from the Datsun B210.  This car came
with a 5-speed and it's engine would be in the same power and
size catagory as a TD.  I do not know '210' means the Datsun
transmission as a "fact".

I believe that the rod setup for the clutch would be better.
There should be less wear and less maintainence.  However I
cannot say that from experiance.  Clausager's," Original MG T
Series" states the rod linkage was installed on engines
XPAG/TD/22717 and later.  It appears, from Clausager's book, that
the XPAG engines numbers continued from the TD into the TF with
just the prefex changed.  As an example the first referenced
change to the TF occurred at XPAG/TF/31537 with the change to the
high pressure fuel pump.

For authenticity, you'd want the cable linkage on an early
engine, for practicality, use the rod.