Re: Water Pump Grease Fitting

To: "Stuart Keen" <simbafish@home.com>, "MG" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water Pump Grease Fitting
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:19:52 -0700
Stuart,

My guess, based on many years of dealing with both original and replacement
XPAG/XPEG water pumps, is that you have one that was fitted with
sealed-for-life bearings when it was manufactured. The hole is there to
allow water to escape, in the unlikely event the seal fails and water gets
into that cavity. So, fear not, your bearings should not fail (as long as
you do not overtighten that great, thick fanbelt............!)

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center