Removing TF Brake Drums - advise needed!

To: MG T List <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing TF Brake Drums - advise needed!
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:03:18 -0500
I'm starting to reach the final stages of resurrecting my '54 TF 1500
RHD (that sat in dry storage since 1974) and I'm starting to work on the
brakes.  I've rebuilt the master cylinder and now need to do the wheel
cylinders.  I've read the workshop manual and it looks like it isn't
easy to remove the brake drums / hubs.  Since I of course do not have
the specialized tools that the manual describes, does anyone have any
advice?  I can't believe that they essentially made the hubs and drums
in to one unit, it certainly makes servicing the brakes more difficult!
Thanks.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO