RE: Source and size of TF screws, bolts & Taps

Subject: RE: Source and size of TF screws, bolts & Taps
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 11:28:01 -0700
Page 140 of the third edition of "T Series Handbook" by Dick
Knudson, lists many BSW, BSF, BSP, BA, UNC, UNF and Nuffields's
mad metric thread sizes.

Originally, I  used an UNF (SAE fine) tap to clean the floor
board nuts. It is 1/4 by 26. The original size is 1/4 BSF (1/4 by
28). The pitch is close enough through a short section, the nut,
that the difference in pitch didn't seem to cause any problems.

I have since purchased 1/4 BSF tap from Moss,
http://www.mossmotors.com. Abingdon Spares,
http://www.abingdonsparesltd.com, lists them also on page 67 of
their catalog.

Abingdon Spares can supply many bolts and nuts in BSF and they
also have an "assortment"
I purchased a set of floorboard screws from Moss in the 1970's
and they appeared to be of the correct pitch. They are currently
listed in Moss's MGT-27 catalog on page 50 part number 323-828
for $23.95. Abingdon Spares should have them also. Check their
price list as some items are not shown in the catalog.

I didn't see ANY BSP taps listed from either of these two
sources.