TD Tachometer Gearbox

To: T-list <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TD Tachometer Gearbox
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 21:52:02 -0700
Hi T-listers,
       It was a beautiful day for motoring here in New England. Lazarus
and I were out and enjoying it. All of a sudden the tachometer stopped
working while cruising on the interstate at 60-65mph (love those 4.3
gears). Cussed and fussed about the dad blasted tach cable all the way
home. Gotta' buy the whole thing. Should be able to replace the inner
cable, etc. A few minutes ago I discovered that the problem was in the
tachometer gearbox. Well, not really in the gearbox. It seems that the
nuts had fallen off of the two screws that hold the halves of the
gearbox together and the gears were no longer meshing. Fortunately, the
grease held things together well enough so as not to have lost anything
(except the nuts). Tomorrow they'll be replaced by a couple of elastic
stop nuts. If you haven't checked yours recently -- you might check them
before you head to Plymouth for the NEMGTR GOF. You are coming. Aren't
you?

Bud Krueger
52TD
Plymouth, Mass.