Re: TD Tachometer Gearbox

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>, T-list <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TD Tachometer Gearbox
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 06:50:23 -0400
At 09:52 PM 5/30/98 -0700, Bud Krueger wrote:
>Hi T-listers,
>       It was a beautiful day for motoring here in New England. Lazarus
>and I were out and enjoying it. All of a sudden the tachometer stopped
>working while cruising on the interstate at 60-65mph (love those 4.3
>gears). Cussed and fussed about the dad blasted tach cable all the way
>home. Gotta' buy the whole thing. Should be able to replace the inner
>cable, etc. A few minutes ago I discovered that the problem was in the
>tachometer gearbox. Well, not really in the gearbox. It seems that the
>nuts had fallen off of the two screws that hold the halves of the
>gearbox together and the gears were no longer meshing. Fortunately, the
>grease held things together well enough so as not to have lost anything
>(except the nuts). Tomorrow they'll be replaced by a couple of elastic
>stop nuts. If you haven't checked yours recently -- you might check them
>before you head to Plymouth for the NEMGTR GOF. You are coming. Aren't
>you?
>
>Bud Krueger
>52TD
>Plymouth, Mass.

Yes of course we are. Bud ,it may be your home town, but others may not
know what a great location and hotel this GOF will have. I think it is one
of the best.  I hope the rally and tour is along the same route as was done
the last time we were there. That route to Cape Cod was among the best
ever, and the lunch break with those Lobster sandwiches and N.E. Chowder
has got me hungry already.

Mike