healeys

Bleeding brakes, BN2

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bleeding brakes, BN2
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:38:11 -0400
I just rebuilt the master cylinder on my BN2. Honed the bore and installed
rebuild kit....all new rubber etc. Now I'm bleeding the brakes, and I can't
seem to get a decent pedal.  The pedal goes nearly to the floor, and feels a
little spongy.  It gets better with pumping, but still not satisfactory.  I'm
using Speed-Bleeders with a tube into a jar.  Bled four times so far and got a
little air at first, but now just clear fluid.  I have tried everything I
know...Back of on all brake shoe adjustments, tighten all brake shoe
adjustments, pump slow, pump fast, bang on cylinders with a hammer, swear a
lot, pray a little.....nothing works!   I'm using DOT 4 fluid.  Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Smith
East Hampton, CT