Re: G-Analyst?

To: "Dr. Bob Woods" <woods@mae.uta.edu>
Subject: Re: G-Analyst?
From: "Fstrmnky@kscable.com" <fstrmnky@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:54:37 -0600
Bob,

you mentioned you are using Excel to process the data from your g-Analyst.
If you already have a GEEZ cube and are not satisfied with the provided
software why not just write you own software to provide whatever metrices or
output you want.  From what i've seen the sample rates for both should be
the similar since sample rate is driven by the palm hardware and OS (correct
me if that is wrong Byron)

Excel probably isn't the best way to go but something like MATLAB is - not
sure why you bother messing around with spreadsheets.  If you don't already
have MATLAB they are usually willing to send you an evaluation copy and
student copies are cheap.  I just read the data file into MATLAB (example:
data=dlmread('data3.GCD',',');) and then you can tinker to your hearts
content, write scripts to spit out anything you want.  Good experience for
your students too.

I don't work for Mathworks/MATLAB but just use it a lot at work.  I hardly
ever bother with Excel any more.  Feel free to contact me if you need some
help to get started.

ref.: http://www.mathworks.com/company/pressroom/index.shtml/article/121

Jeroen