Re: [Roadsters] Running after ignition switched off

To: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Running after ignition switched off
From: Linda J <ljordan704@netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:05:48 -0800
Cc: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
I had that happen. Here's what it was. The ignition module had the back rotate
such that contacts and what mot inside were not where they were supposed to
be. So take the whole thing out and make sure the housing lines up with the
tiny notch(es) in the backside. It is not supposed to rotate but it can. Once
I figured it out the continuous running stopped.

Linda

Sent from my iPod

On Dec 13, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am getting too old!  I had this happen (car keeps running after ignition
> switch turned off) several years ago, and after replcing the switch (hint -
> that was NOT the problem), I finally solved the problem and felt silly for
not
> finding the cause earlier.  Guess what - I cannot now remember what it
was!!!

> I have a friend who is hving that same problem,and I told him, sure, mine
did
> that and it was .......(damn, I cannot now remember WHAT it was).    HELP
AN

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/ljordan704@netscape.ne