Re: [Roadsters] Running after ignition switched off

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Running after ignition switched off
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:58:13 -0600
Depends on how long it runs on.

I had that problem long ago when my ammeter was bypassed. The connection
between the two ammeter leads was not good. When I corrected this
problem the run on quit.

What year is you car? My 67.5 has quick connect terminals for the
ammeter that get hot and loose their tension over the years, causing
connection problems. I replaced the terminals with ring terminals and
the problem went away.

Could also be carboned up combustion chambers causing dieseling.

Peace,
Pat
Thusly spake Mike Harper

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice & Text     5026 FM 2001