[Roadsters] Camber and Caster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Camber and Caster
From: "Neil Levine" <nalevine@dcn.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 23:02:51 -0800
Calling all suspension experts!
I'm having to change out the upper A arm spindle on the passenger side of my
'66 1600.  Can anyone explain how the caster/camber adjustment works with
the shims?  There are 2 different parts shown in the Datsun service manual
front suspension drawing (items 45 (shim- camber) and 47 (shim-caster,
rear)) which are stacked together under the same bolt.  How can one be for
camber and the other be for caster when they are just stacked together in
the same spot?  I just don't get it.  Does anyone have a simple explanation?

Neil