Re: [Roadsters] Is it a Tiger?

To: 'roadster list' <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Is it a Tiger?
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:06:36 -0400
Sender: datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
I believe that Chrysler tried to use their 273(same block as the 318, but
was lighter and had physically smaller heads) but as Dave, said too big.
Even the Ford small block was real tight, the right bank rear spark plug had
to be changed from the passenger compartment via an under dash removable
panel.  In the end for both appearance and handling the older AC
chassis(which in stock form used a number of different inline sixes) was a
far better choice than the Alpine for the power of the 260/289.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099