Re: [Roadsters] engine bearings (another dumb one from WI)

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] engine bearings (another dumb one from WI)
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:50:32 -0600
Tim,

"Standard" is standard.   There is no metric or SAE.  0.010 inches is
approximately 0.025 mm.  Order standard bearings from a reputable supplier
and you'll be fine.

When I had the '69 (metric) U20 in my '66 rebuilt, we ground the crank
0.010" and bored the cylinders 0.020".  Bought appropriate bearings and
pistons w/rings from one of our suppliers.

Gary