Re: [Roadsters] engine bearings (another dumb one from WI)

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] engine bearings (another dumb one from WI)
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 15:57:32 -0800
Since you mention "after block #R40000" [NOTE: You left off a zero], I'm
guessing you're talking R16. According to The Datsun Roadster Book (which
you should have), the block threads are SAE up through #R40000, then metric
after that. I'm guessing there may be an exception or three to that rule.
Always measure to be sure.

However, when we're talking bearings, STANDARD does not mean SAE, but the
standard or stock dimension. From there you go oversize or undersize,
usually in 0.010-inch (or 25mm) increments. You'll see this in the parts
manual. The downloadable PDF version is kinda hard to read, but easy in The
Datsun Roadster Book.

The bearing caps may also have the size stamped on the back either in inches
or millimeters.

Pete