Re: [Roadsters] What kind of glue?

To: <KCook94722@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What kind of glue?
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:25:40 -0600
Ken,

I have used 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive for many years,
including for installation of roadster door weatherstrips.  (I presume you
have the factory-style weatherstrip, which attaches by folding a thin piece
of rubber over the lip on the door opening and windshield frame.  The door
portion is held on by three pieces of aluminum trim.)

The 3M product is available in black -- P/N 08008 --so minor goofs won't
show.

Note:  When I replaced the door waetherstrips on my low-wiindshield car
years ago, I found that the replacement material didn't allow the doors to
close easily -- it is rather thick despite being a factory part.  Closing
the doors with the weatherstrip in its proper position and leaving them that
way for several days compressed the new weatherstrip enough that the door
began to close more easily.

Gary