Re: [Roadsters] What is recommended for breaking rust loose

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>, "'Fred Katz'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What is recommended for breaking rust loose
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:06:23 -0500
Another trick which can work is vibration -- an air hammer using an
appropriate diameter flat tip.  Tough to keep the tool on the bolt head, but
sometimes it's enough.

Can'y say enough about the patience recommendations:  iron oxide is a lot
harder than the base metal, so once the fastener starts to move, carefully
working it in a little an dout a little, combined with additional
penetrating oil or whatever penetrant you're using, is a key consideration.

Gary