[Roadsters] gas filler neck

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] gas filler neck
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:32:38 -0700
I want to switch to the filler neck from my 69 part car so I can use one of my
locking chrome gas caps (these don't stay on the filler neck from a 70--don't
ask me how I know...).

The neck I have has a fair amount of rust on the inside. What, if anything,
should I do about the rust? Should I clean it out as best I can and leave it?
Or is there something, like POR15, that I could use to treat the inside of the
neck? Or will anything I try to treat with eventually end up in the gas tank?

TIA

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL