Re: [Roadsters] the NEVER ENDING story

To: Ed Mitchell <edmitche@gmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] the NEVER ENDING story
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:03:16 -0700
You need to get a Gary Boone EI dizzy. And since those are no longer available
new (I may have gotten the last two), you need to get an EI dizzy from Dave at
East Coast Roadsters. Buy the correct coil. Set the timing. And forget about it!

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL--bioth sporting GB EI dizzys!!!!!!!!!!
Still clueless but always learning

---- Ed Mitchell <edmitche@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Ok..Dead Betty...once again DEAD  {~*Pout*~}

I installed a Pertronix Electronic Ignition.do-ma-hitchie
http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor/default.aspx

And now it seems my coil blew up.  Dunno if I have the wrong coil for use
with the pertronix thang

Coil is a diamond FTM-063GT 12v  (looks like this thing -->)
http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/seller/3885279/sell_ignition_coil_gt63.htm

I noticed while installing the Pertronix Electronic Ignition...they also had
pertronix coils identified on a small pamphlet.but I "assumed" they we're
basically wanting me to buy more of their products.

So I guess the question is.will any Datsun 1600 spec'd coil work with the
Pertronix Elec. Ign.?

(or it's a drinking game to drink whenever pertronix is mentioned) (OMG -
how many more time could I possibly mention Pertronix?)

Thanks for any info

Ed Mitchell

Las Cruces New Mexico

1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600 - SPL311-12761

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559322539UXctqG
You are subscribed as tputland@charter.net

Datsun-roadsters mailing list

http://www.team.net/archive