Re: [Roadsters] Removing powder coat?

To: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Removing powder coat?
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:14:15 -0500
While on the subject of powdercoating and wheels, I asked the local
fellow how he is able to coat wheels and get the coverage down in the
cracks even. He says his trick is to prep the wheel, then put it in an
oven and get the wheel up to melting temperature. Then he applies the
powder as usual, then back in the oven for the bake.

I have seen some steel wheels he did and they came out really well.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Fred Katz, On 8/9/2009 3:01 PM: