Re: [Roadsters] cooling the intake?

To: Ed Mitchell <edmitche@gmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] cooling the intake?
From: "RWM (Out of the Office)" <RWM@RWMann.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:30:30 -0400
Ed,

I removed the intake cooling and heater hoses long ago with no ill
effect.  (Also have a 14" Spal thinline fan, but that's not likely the
issue here, either.)

Sounds like classic fuel starvation.  Have you flushed the tank of crud
and blown out the lines?   How about any screens in the carb banjo
fittings (or are those solely Solex)?

Can't help but commiserate on the bobblehead issue; I'm 6'4" and had to
re-mount the seat tracks aft and rake the seat further back to see under
the top of the high windshield visors.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex