Re: [Roadsters] cooling the intake?

To: edmitche@gmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] cooling the intake?
From: jover4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:03:03 -0400
Ed,

No water to the carbs shouldn't pose a problem.? Check that the timing isn't
retarded and the mixture isn't lean (both cause high combustion temps) or
both.? Also check the cooling system (water pump and radiator) to see that they
are in good condition and are circulating enough fluid.?

If you have proper timing, mixture and coolant the car should run fine.? Do you
have the heat shield under the carbs?

Good fuel helps too.?

Good luck

John Over