Re: [Roadsters] thinning grinding bumper question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Eric Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] thinning grinding bumper question
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:17:42 -0400
That makes sense....they might end up putting a hole in the bumper during the
grind. I didn't think about that.

thanks

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning

---- Eric Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
The bumper is thin to start with.  If they grind a hole in it when removing
pits then they will have to add metal before the chroming process (and I'm not
sure if that is possible, if it is it sounds expensive).  So yes the chroming
process adds material however you can't chrome over a hole and the previous
post was warning about the possibility of grinding a hole through the metal
when removing pits.

  By the way shop carefully, chrome shops are like paint shops, which is to say
usually very expensive and yet low quality.  Ask me how I know!

  Clear as mud?

  Eric Hoffman

.