Re: [Roadsters] Bell housing front cover question

To: "'Dewey Hahlbohm'" <hahlbohmd@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Bell housing front cover question
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:32:37 -0400
Dewey,

  Yes, the 1600 and 2000 have different thickness plates between the tranny
and block.  And yes, the clutch won't work right if you use the wrong plate
(And yes, at Sloan Racing we have had to pull motors back out of the race
roadsters because we grabbed the wrong plate!).  But I can't remember which
one is thicker?

  If the 4 speed is still a bit high in first, remember you can switch to a
3.90 ring and pinion from a 1600.

Paul
Ohio