Re: [Roadsters] Tough to start?

To: <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tough to start?
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 11:34:20 -0400
Hi Tim,
I've had similar hesitation issues with Loreli occasionally. It seems that
some others have too. She will turn over and will start after a long drive,
but she strains at first. The prior owner installed a heat blanket around
the starter. Maybe that helps some.
She is a daily driver. She's my only car so she's a grocery getter, pleasure
driver, stress reliever, CONVERSATION STARTER, female attracter (Especially
when my hound dog Tater is in the passenger seat), and twisty road
straightener! :-) Fortunately, it snows VERY rarely here in Chattanooga, TN.
When it does, we stay home. They do salt the roads occasionally during the
winter and I won't subject her to THAT particular abuse!
Here's to more warm days!
Matt Smith
(and Loreli - She's a '70 Silver Solex)

Subject: [Roadsters] Tough to start?

Isn't it wild to realize that these little cars used to be daily drivers and
more? And still are for some! I think Loreli for one is a daily driver if
memory serves...

Anyway, after running today, coming home then going back out a short time
later, my 70 1600 hesitated--almost a catch and then a pause-- when I went
to start her. She did start but this hesitation is new. Usually she fires
right up and idles pretty smooth when warm.

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning