RE: Front coil spring compression tool ideas?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front coil spring compression tool ideas?
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:29:44 -0500
I picked up (2) spring compressor sets from Harbor Freight Tools for $8/set
(on sale) Normally $12.99 I think. They are made in china and that is sort
of scary - when you think about the spring breaking free.  I use (3) per
spring - to keep the spring straight and for the added insurance. I have
used them on 3 strut jobs so far and I still have my head...well, it's still
attached...

Joe

some of the parts places like Autozone have tools they will loan you for
free if you put up a deposit which is refunded when you return them. I'd
imagine they would have a spring compressor available.