Re: Front coil spring compression tool ideas?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front coil spring compression tool ideas?
From: hallosb@juno.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:52:44 -0700
Probably too late for a reply but, I've never understood the reluctance
to use a coil spring compressor.  I've rebuilt the front suspension on my
Roadster, '66 Chevelle, and '56 Chevy and used my coil spring compressor
on all three.  I like the added insurance.  The idea of a front coil
launching itself, scares the crap out of me.

Dan McHatton
'66 1600

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:02:18 +1030 "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
writes:
> "so the "jack underneath" method won't work --

Hi Paul,
You can still use the (trolley)jack underneath. The trick is to loop a
chain around the body of the trolley jack and  over the upper wishbone,