OT - Hawaii owners - Z car

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - Hawaii owners - Z car
From: "Hall, Phillip B. \(MSFC-ED03\)" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:15:09 -0600
Hey everyone -

My son (Nick) is a Marine and stationed in Hawaii - yea I know - tough
duty station..   We are trying to get his 260 Z down to him.  His
schedule right now is very hard (in his "dirty thirty" - thirty days of
very hard training) and does not have much time.  If I remember right is
there a Dave in Hawaii?  The Marines will ship his car but I do have
questions on Hawaii's laws on modified cars - permit for mag wheels and
such.  His Z has 4.3 GM V6 and T5.  I is a hoot - burns tires in three
gears.  So, if anyone has ideas on the particulars of getting a car to
Hawaii or if you are military and had one shipped I would appreciate any
information.

I have got to dump some cars.  Nick has a 78 280Z that needs to go.  It
is a fairly complete, minimal rust, non-running car, that would be a
great V8 project or restoration.  This will go for little money so not
worth shipping.  I live in Huntsville, AL so if you would like a new
project, I have a cheap one for you.  Sid - you may see Spot back in
your driveway.

Roadster stuff.  I also need to get rid of some parts.  I have not done
an inventory yet, but will soon.  Some parts include NOS fenders (a left
and right), hood, deck lid, and left rear quarter (includes jam area).
They have a touch of surface rust but in good condition.  In the next
month, I will get a list together.

Happy Roadstering!

Phil Hall
NASA/MSFC/ED03