Re: Turbo KA later? HORSEPOWER!

To: terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbo KA later? HORSEPOWER!
From: "s.ulrich" <scott8933@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:19:25 -0800
Some friends and I did some research on this, back in our high-school days.

The results of our experiments were amusing: (going by memory now, this
was several decades ago)

-Meal trays: good slide factor, but grind through very fast. No tracks.
-Wood from broken palette: good slide, fair longevity. Light tracks.
-Busted up shopping cart: awesome slide factor, best longevity. Light
tracks (scratched into the pavement), but will leave a spectacular
rooster tail of sparks once you get moving. Downside: melts grill marks
into the tires.
-Old mattress: Good slide factor - more friction than the wood because
of the surface area, but other than that this was the best. Great
longevity. Will leave a huge swath of mattress dust behind the car on
the pavement. Must have been a really odd sight in the morning, it
looked like someone had taken a gigantic white marker and drew patterns
all over the parking lot.

San Fernando Valley Roadster owners - I see by Google Earth that the
gigantic empty parking lot behind Ralphs at Devonshire and Balboa is
still there. The palettes, shopping carts, and mattresses are in the
back, the fast food trays are across the street at Carls' Jr.