Re: Turbo KA later?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbo KA later?
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:16:01 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
How much power do you really want to make?  With huge laggy turbos some ka's
make over 700 horsepower.  With more streetable setup you can easily get 300
horses and not even take the valve cover off.  I wouldn't worry about building
the motor unless you are making a drag motor.  The KA is built like an anvil
and you really have to wail on it to break something.  Most of the ring land
problems can be traced to punk kids carnking up the boost with no fuel
management.  Ring lands break from detonation which can be avioded with good
fuel and ignition management and a good intercooler.  Check out this thread:
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263
They don't think you should replace the pistons until after 350 horses at the
rear wheels.