RE: photos of my '69 1600

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: photos of my '69 1600
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:47:27 -0500 (EST)
--- Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net> wrote:

> Geez, that much cancer -INSIDE- a garage? Interior looks in good shape.
> Plans?

Thanks Pete for your earlier compliment on the red paint on my 2000. It
was painted by the p.o. maybe 10 to 15 years ago. I just chose a really
sunny day to take the pics ;)  It's a 20-footer. Any closer than that and
you can start to see the imperfections in the paint. The colour is 1984
Camaro "Spectra red."

On the 1600, all that rust occured between 1969 and 1973, but after I
posted my story I realized that it wasn't driven through 4 Canadian
winters, but actually only 3 winters. The p.o. was the 2nd owner and he
told me he hadn't driven it during that 4th winter, but the rust must have
been active from the inside because it seemed to suddenly become full of
holes in a short period of time. The fenders took the brunt of it. The
trunk area and floor is surprisingly solid and clean, and the front inner
fenders (is that what they're called?) are fine.

As for plans, I had originally thought about vintage racing but then I
began to understand just how much that really co$ts. I had also thought
about parting it out, but it's too good for that. I think I'm going to
sell the everwing fog lights, swap the dash and seats with the ones in my
2000, install the 4 fenders I have, install new brake and fuel lines, new
tires and windshield, and attempt to get it safetied and on the road.
Maybe by that time my daughter (now 5) will be getting her driver's
license and it can be her car!  On the other hand, I've always wanted a
low windshield car, like a '66 1600, so maybe at some point I will sell it
and try to find one of those.

-Brian
Toronto