510 Intake Manifold - slightly OT

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 510 Intake Manifold - slightly OT
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 15:49:29 -0500
Happy New Year to all Datsun and roadster owners!

I am working on a 71 PL510 sedan.  She currently has a down draft Weber carb
(that I don't know much about).  I would like to put the dual Hitachi SUs
(ala SSS) on her.  Does any one know if a roadster 1600 or 2000 intake and
carb set up will bolt on (and run) on the L16?  (I have one of each).  I am
thinking the 1600 crabs are more appropriate than the larger 2000 carbs?
The SSS manifold look very similar to the roadster manifold in the pics I
have seen.but.  I also think the fuel bowls are angled differently (got that
from Z therapy web site).

Any advice/experience with a 510 set up would be most appreciated!

Would love to put on the twin solex set up.but my roadster would get that
treatment first!

Thanks!

Joe, the Sophie Dog and my girls:

70 SPL311 (U20 Mod) - "Colleen"