Turning off the heater (was: 'T' line...)

To: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Subject: Turning off the heater (was: 'T' line...)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:27:33 -0700
> ...I also would like to dump my heat back to the radiator, instead of
> at my legs (or knuckles). I was hoping to loop back past the heater
> core.

No need to install a loop just to turn off the heat.

The Roadsters have a valve that, if properly working, will shut off
coolant flow thru the heater core. Right side, cable operated via
the 'hot/cold' knob.

A stuck valve can be taken apart and rebuilt using a couple of
common O-rings and a bag of brass screws. I also found that the
shorty right-angle hose, which is NLA from Nissan, can be replaced
with a molded hose from NAPA - I've got the part number around here
somewhere...

-- John