Re: Turning off the heater

To: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Turning off the heater
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:57:30 -0500
Don't forget the engine compartment mounted manual valve. Both it and
the cable operated valve will  shut off the flow of water through the
heater core, but the cable operated valve will not be "exactly" the same
as looping a hose to bypass the core. The cable operated valve will only
shut off the water flow, not allowing for the heat to be added to the
intake manifold. By selecting the bypass position on the manual valve
the water will still be flowing through the intake manifold, but not the
heater core.

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --