easy-outs - an oxy-moron if there ever was one:(

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <hallosb@juno.com>,
Subject: easy-outs - an oxy-moron if there ever was one:(
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:32:25 +0930
 "The  comment about easy-outs is dead on.  Has anyone ever had these damn
things actually work?  Every time I've used them, they turn a bad  situation
worse.  Those new Sears extractors that fit in your drill are  just as bad."

I have found the most effective method, although somewhat destructive, is to
fusion weld another bolt to the recalcitrant one
After a suitable period of soaking the thread with CRC 5-56 you can apply a
wrench and gently unscrew it.

If the weld breaks, re-do it and the extra heat is more than likely enough
to free everything up.

One use of an easy-out which I got to work perfectly, was to extract the
Residual Pressure Valve from a brake M/C rear circuit.
When converting a drum rear to disc, this little sucker if definitely OFF
the team!

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.

---