Re: Bikini top?

To: msedlack@neo.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bikini top?
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:34:22 EDT
hi everyone
i have one on my 67.5.  i have no pics of it on hand.  i can  describe it
though.  i had an extra "header-thingie" from another soft top  frame.  this is
the part that holds the cloth of the top and the hardware  that connects all to
the top of the windshield.  i also have a roll  bar.  i took all of the above
to a local upholstery shop here in south  pasadena.  they made up a top of
white vinyl (i figured better to reflect  the socal rays), attached to the
header as any other top would, but with a row  of snaps at the back.  there are
complimentary snaps on the roll bar.   voila.
my roll bar isn't very high, and as you all know, neither is the windshield
frame.  i'm 6'3".  my seat is about bask as far as it can physically  go with
re-drilled holes.  i still must slouch a little in order not to  have my head
against the fabric.
steve
675MIZU