Re: roadster good looks

To: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>, mike <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: roadster good looks
From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:45:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
>>Mike wrote: I am willing to try if the general consensus of the group is that
>the wires  look cheap, MG-like or just plain bad.

>Marc Wrote -  there's something 'not right' to me about wire wheels an
>anything later than an MGA

I agree with Marc. wire wheels were period sports car wheels to 1963. Aluminum,
especially vintage aluminum looks the best to me. Although vintage, mid 60's
wheels such as 100plus English mags or Sango-Seiko (Nissan Works cars -
pre-Watanabe's) are pretty hard to come by! As Gary said, you can't beat
Pannas. Well maybe you can, but not easily.

What era were the EMPI spokes produced? - They look so very right!

Generic "5 slot" mags - early 70's -  not unique enough, seen too many

ARE Libras and clones - Mid 70's (?) - But they look way sweet!

MiniLights - Mid to late 70's - the look panas kinda supply